A Firmware for ATmega Mircocontrollers (www.atmel.com) to send an receive short messages (SMS) in a GSM Network with a GSM Mobile
Phone/Cell Phone/Handy connected to the AVRs serial port. The firmware is completely written in
AVR-Assembler Code using AVRStudio4 (free download from the Atmel Web-Site). (You may call it: YAAS - Yet Another AVR SMS Software)
For more details see the Manual (in PDF-Format). License: Alladin Free Public License.
Free for non-commercial use. Contact the author for commercial licensing.
- Sends and receives Short Message in SMS PDU-Format. PDU creation and decoding is done on the fly (from UART to Memory), so only one memory area is needed that can be shared.
- Switches output pins on receive of SMS
- Send system status via SMS on demand
- Sends SMS if input pins where enabled
- Menu-based configuration via Terminal-Software
- Configuration values are kept in EEPROM storage
- Debouncing of input keys
- Buffered UART
Download code of Version 0.56b (hex-file for ATmega16@8MHz included).
Eversmith V0.7 board
This is a demo-board for the commercial version of Eversmith. Features:
- AVR ATmega 16 controller
- RS232 configuration-port via software-uart (also debug-interface)
- 4 Optocoupler inputs (4-30V)
- 4 High-current outputs with protected MosFETs
- Direct connection to GSM with TTL level, power supply to GSM swiched with MosFET
- RS232/V24 connection to GSM with data-cables, power-supply for cable on-board
- Main power-supply is protected to work in cars
- SPI/ISP programming port
Thats it. Feel free to ask or comment.
back to my AVR projects page